Thursday, August 14, 2014

The First Day is the Best Day

How the first days of school
have changed. This is me in my
First days of school!
I absolutely LOVE the first day of school! As an educator, this is my 23rd first day (I won’t tell you how many first days I have had if I go back and count Kindergarten through college)! Each first day brings high energy, anticipation, and a fresh beginning! The entire faculty and staff has been working around the clock the past few days and weeks preparing for this important day… and, it is HERE! My,  how all of the children have grown and changed!

This is me on this year's
 First day of school!
I spent my morning watching parents and students take pictures and celebrate a new beginning. First day of school pictures are so impactful – you visually see the children grow year over year! I have a composite frame where I place all of the first day pictures. Many years ago I had so many spaces left to fill – the frame was so empty! But, after today, my daughter only has 6 spaces to fill and my son only has 3 more to fill! That is truly unbelievable! It almost brings me to tears!

So, here is my advice after 23 first days of school, and, after watching my own children grow… hold on to the moments! Enjoy each and every day… not just the first! Don’t countdown to some event or the “end” of a grade… make each day count! That little Preschooler will soon be a big Eighth Grader – time will fly, but please enjoy the view!

Here’s to another “first” day,

Suzanne 


No comments:

Post a Comment